Welcome to Hose Elementary! This is such an exciting time for your family and your student(s). Hose Elementary has excellent teachers with high expectations for student learning. Our goal is to provide your child with a nurturing, supportive and safe learning environment that promotes each student to develop to their fullest potential. We recognize the importance of parent involvement and the impact this factor has on student success. Here are some ways you can support your child as they start their school career:
- Read, the more children are read to, the more they learn.
- Ask questions about their day: How was your day? Tell me something you learned today? What was the best thing that happened today?
- Listen when your child talks, they will have so many exciting and new things to share.
- Maintain contact with your child's teacher, ask questions, and attend parent/teacher conferences.
- Attendance is essential for learning.
- Be supportive of exciting activities, we are always looking for volunteers!
Your student will be learning so many new things: reading, phonics, math, writing, music, art, physical education, science and social studies foundations. Your child will have new experiences through field trips, our various programs with community partners such as Wabash College, and hands-on learning opportunities. We welcome you to be a part of the fun at Hose Elementary.
We have an open door policy, your input and suggestions to make Hose Elementary the best are always welcome.
Jennifer Hall, Hose Principal